10 Key Rules from WIM's Google Group Policy:
1. (Probably the biggest complaint we get) No “reply all’s” to the entire group! If a member sends out a question/inquiry, please send your response to them directly. Make sure that you manually remove the wimgooglegroup address in your response to them so that the wholegroup doesn’t get your response.
Current members of Women In Music Inc. (WIM) have the option to join the WIM Google Group (“WGG”). The WGG is a medium that is owned, moderated, and provided by WIM which allows current WIM members to engage in email communications with each other that are relevant to the mission of WIM.
If at any time, any WIM member who has joined the WGG wishes to be removed from the WGG, please immediately send an email with your removal request to Jennifer Newman Sharpe at Jennifer@jnslawoffices.com.
The entry of any WIM member into the WGG automatically constitutes said member’s agreement at all times to abide by this agreement during their participation in the WGG. This agreement also applies to existing members that joined the WGG prior to the date of initial publication of this agreement. If you are an existing member who joined the WGG prior to the initial date of publication of this agreement, and you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, then please immediately send an email requesting removal from the WGG to Jennifer@jnslawoffices.com. Said request for removal under these circumstances made by existing members who joined the WGG prior to the initial date of publication of this agreement shall not concurrently operate to result in loss of overall membership to WIM.
2. Member Benefit
4. Acceptable Content/Activity
The content of acceptable emails distributed to the WGG shall be relevant to the mission of WIM and shall be presented and distributed in a professional and respectful manner to the WGG community. The WIM mission is stated on the WIM website at www.womeninmusic.org. If you are a member that participates in the WGG, then it is your duty to review the mission of WIM on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes to the WIM mission.
As the WGG is a service that allows WIM members to engage in email communication with each other, all users must be mindful to not “reply all” to the entire WGG community when responding to emails sent on the WGG. Remember that choosing “reply all” automatically goes to the entire WGG community, not just the individual who posted the message. To properly respond to WGG email postings, one must change the “To:” address line to respond directly to an individual.
5. Prohibited Content/Activity, and Consequences for Prohibited Content/Activity
The following are examples of the kind of content and activity that is illegal and/or or prohibited on the WGG. WIM reserves the right to investigate, and in certain circumstances, take appropriate action, including legal action, against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing or suspending the members participation in the WGG or in WIM, and reporting to legal authorities if a situation requires the need for law enforcement.
Note: Members who have had their participation in the WGG or WIM suspended or terminated by reason of breaching this agreement for any reason, including but not limited to engaging in prohibited content or activity in the WGG, are not entitled to membership dues refund(s) of any kind whatsoever.
Prohibited content and activity on the WGG includes, but is not limited to, content and activity that, in the sole discretion of WIM:
1. Spams the WGG community;
6. Limitation on Liability and Disclaimers.
WIM cannot, and does not guarantee or warrant that the WGG will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in it will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in it will be corrected or that the WG or the server(s) that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components to your email account(s), computer(s), or network(s).
WIM cannot and does not guarantee that any files shared by members that participate in the WGG which are available for downloading will be free of viruses, Trojan horses, or other code that may cause damage or harm to your email account(s), computer(s) or network(s). Further, WIM is not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer equipment or email account(s) belonging to any member resulting from their participation in the WGG. The WGG is provided "AS IS" and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we expressly disclaim any warranty of any kind, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
WIM is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, illegal or unprohibited content, activity or conduct, whether online or offline, by any member that participates in the WGG. Under no circumstances will WIM be held liable or secondarily liable for any loss, liability or damage of any kind resulting from the content, activity, or conduct, whether online or offline, by any member in the WGG, including but not limited to copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, harassment, personal injury, death or property damage.
WIM cannot, and does not guarantee or promise any specific results from use of the WGG. In no event shall WIM, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, suppliers, licensors or third parties connected with WIM be liable for any damages resulting from your participation in the WGG, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, any special, incidental, or consequential damages, direct or indirect damages, damages for lost profits, lost business, loss of revenue or loss of use, and any other losses or expenses arising out of or related to any use, whatsoever, of the WGG.
You agree to indemnify and hold WIM and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, volunteers, managers, agents, representatives, employees and corporate or other partners harmless from any loss, liability, claim, expenses or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating to your participation in the WGG.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. In the event of any claim or litigation resulting out of this agreement, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of New York, NY, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or representations made by WIM with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicenseable by you except with WIM’s prior written consent. No waiver by WIM of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
9. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, you may contact us via Jennifer Newman Sharpe at Jennifer@jnslawoffices.com. We will attempt to respond to your questions or concerns promptly after we receive them.
1. ACCESS TO THIS SITE. To access this site, site resources, links or other content, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this site that all the information you provide will be correct, current, and complete. If WIM believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, WIM has the right to deny access to this site or to any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time at the sole discretion of WIM.
2. APPLICABLE USE OF SITE: You may use this site only for purposes expressly permitted by this site. As a condition of your use of WIM’s site you warrant to WIM that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
3.PRIVACY. Please see our Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information. WIM will treat personally identifying information that you submit through this site in accordance with our Privacy Statement. You agree that you have read, understood, and accept the womeninmusic.org privacy statement.
4a. COPYRIGHT. The materials found on this website are protected by United States and other copyright laws, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 1 U.S.C. Section 105. The selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of the Web Site are copyright ©. Permission is granted to view and print materials from the Web Site for the non-commercial purpose of viewing, reading and retaining for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without express prior written consent of an authorized WIM representative, is strictly prohibited.
4b. REFERENTIAL USE OF WIM’S TRADEMARKS. “Women In Music” is a trademarks or service mark owned by WIM. Companies interested in referring to a WIM trademark in text, advertising collateral, marketing, or product packaging should follow the WIM Trademark Guidelines:
4b(i). LOGOS. Do not use WIM logos, symbols, or icons on or in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or Websites for any purpose except pursuant to the express prior written consent of an authorized representative from WIM.
4b(ii). COMPANY, PRODUCT, SERVICES, AND DOMAIN NAMES. Do not use or register any WIM trademark, including WIM logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name or place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to (or combine them with) a WIM product name for any purpose unless pursuant to the express prior written consent an authorized representative from WIM.
4b(iii). ENDORSEMENT OR SPONSORSHIP. Do not use any WIM trademark in any manner that expresses or implies WIM’s affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval without the express prior written consent from an authorized WIM representative.
4b(iv). MERCHANDISE ITEMS. Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items such as T-shirts, mugs, etc. bearing any WIM trademark, including logos, except pursuant to the express prior written consent from an authorized WIM representative.
4b(v). TRADE DRESS AND ADVERTISING ELEMENTS. Do not imitate WIM’s logos, logotypes, or trade dress in any of your materials, including but not limited to advertising, product packaging, Web sites, and promotional materials.
5. NO UNLAWFUL ACCESS. You agree that you will not use this website in any manner that could in any way disable, overburden, damage, or impair this website or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the websites. You further agree that you will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, content, or information by means not expressly made available or provided for through authorized use of this website.
6. PROPRIETARY INFORMATION: All content found on this site (the content) is considered the copyrighted and trademarked intellectual property of WIM or of the party that created and/or licensed the content to WIM. No rights or title to any of the works contained on this site shall be considered transferred or assigned to the User. You agree that you will not copy, distribute, republish, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the content in any way, without the express prior written consent of an authorized WIM representative, except that you may print out and/or save a copy of the for personal use.
7. HYPERLINKING: This site may be hyperlinked to and by other websites which are not maintained by, or related to WIM. Hyperlinks to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with this site or WIM. WIM has not reviewed any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content from any linking sites, and any links made directly from this site to another website should be accessed at the users own risk. WIM makes no representation or warranties about the content, completeness, quality, or accuracy of any such website.
8. UNSOLICITED MATERIAL SUBMISSION POLICY. WIM OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES DOES NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED MUSIC DEMOS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WIM MAKES NO ASSURANCES WHATSOEVER THAT YOUR MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
9. DISCLAIMER & LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WIM DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO THE WEB SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, OR ANY SITES LISTED THEREIN, AND WIM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. WIM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN IT WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WIM CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT ANY FILES ON THIS SITE WHICH HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED AS AUTHORIZED FOR AND AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE OR HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER(S) OR NETWORK(S). WIM FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE CONTENT LOCATED ON THIS SITE IS NECESSARIY COMPLETE AND UP-TO-DATE. THE USER ACKOWLEDGES THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND WIM MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. WIM MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL WIM OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WIM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WIM, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, content providers, service providers, directors, managers, officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the Web Site and any violation of this agreement as expressly authorized. You agree that WIM and the indemnified parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys fees of the indemnified Parties in connection herewith. You will also indemnify and hold the indemnified parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from this site.
12. MEMBERSHIP, FEES, & REFUNDS. Prospective members of WIM must be 18 years of age or older and pay annual membership dues. Membership dues may be paid via check, money order, or paypal transaction in U.S. dollars. By paying dues through paypal, you authorize WIM, through its designated payment processor paypal.com, to charge the account you specify for the dues payment. Refunds for any membership due(s) paid will not be provided under any circumstances. As such, please make any payment of any membership due(s), offline or online, with the WIM refund policy in mind.
13. ELIGIBILITY TO USE AND VISIT THE WEBSITE. Use of the Website is void where prohibited. You must be at least 18 years old or otherwise have the express consent of your parents or legal guardians, but in no event younger than 13 years old, to use and visit the Website. If you do not meet these requirements or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately.
WIM cannot prohibit minors from visiting this site and must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children under 13 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view and/or purchase. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two websites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov). Please note that TSH does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such websites.
By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice and you consent to receiving it via electronic form via publication on the world wide web.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED. We may collect and use the following types of personal information. Information regarding your use of this Site; orders you place; registration information; and any other information you provide to us via the Site. You do not need to register or provide us with any personal information in order to visit and view the Site.
3. COOKIES. Like many other websites, we may also use “cookies” to collect additional website usage data to improve the Site and its functionality. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Cookies help us to: (1) speed navigation, keep track of items you are purchasing, and provide you with content that is tailored to you; (2) remember information you gave us so that you don’t have to reenter it; (3) determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications; and (4) monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed. You can stop accepting cookies by setting your Internet browser accordingly, but this will likely result in our not recognizing you or your preferences on future visits to the Site.
4. USE OF INFORMATION. We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes related to the Site, such as to administer the Site, personalize the Site for you, process any purchases and payments and fulfill any orders, and process any contest entry or promotional and marketing campaigns you may make through the Site. We may also use your personal information to contact you in the future regarding the Site, including through marketing communications, and regarding any other of our or of our business partners’ contests, products and services that we think may interest you. If you contact us by e-mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your e-mail or street address and any information that you provide to us in your message in order to respond to you. We may also use information collected to evaluate and improve the Site and the user experience or our other products and services.
5. SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, advertising sales, e-mail marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties to the extent necessary for them to perform these functions and subject to their agreement to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT. Our policy is to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and, in certain circumstances, private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent we determine, in our sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings (including subpoenas) or to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights and interests or the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
7. SECURITY. Safeguarding the confidentiality and use of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. We employ reasonable administrative and technical measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access.
8. THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. Our Site may contain advertisements and links to other web sites. We do not exercise control over third party web sites. They may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, and collect or solicit both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from you. Other web sites have their own privacy policies and practices and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies or statements of the other web sites and services you visit.
9. OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN. WIM does not provide memberships to people under age 18. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete it from our files. If any parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent (or that we have otherwise collected or obtained such information), please send an email to Jennifer@jnslawoffices.com.
10. AMENDMENTS. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time, and we will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Privacy Statement here and changing the effective date above. We may also send our registered users an e-mail advising that changes have been made. Each version will apply to information collected while it was in place. Therefore, we encourage you to check this page periodically for any changes.
11. CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP. In the event we change ownership or merge with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer or sell all user and customer information, including names and email and postal addresses, to a separate entity.
12. INTERNATIONAL AND OUT OF STATE USE. If you choose to access our Site from outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. We collect, store and process the information we collect in the United States in accordance with this Privacy Statement. By visiting the Site and providing information to us, you consent to our collection in, transfer to (if applicable), and use and processing of such information in the U.S. and, if applicable, to the cross-border transfers and export of your personal information to the U.S. and its storage, use and disclosure as provided in this Privacy Statement. We make no representations that this Privacy Statement is in compliance with the privacy or data protection laws or regulations of any country from which you access or use our Site. By using our Site, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement, including transfer of your personal information to any location at which our servers and/or databases may be currently located or relocated to. Those who choose to access our Site from locations outside the United States are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
womeninmusic.org Forum Code of Conduct
Current members of Women In Music Inc. (WIM) have the option to participate in the WIM forum (“WIMF”) located on womeninmusic.org. The WIMF is a medium that is owned, moderated, and provided by WIM which allows current WIM members to create a user generated profile and engage in communications that are relevant to the mission of WIM. Profiles and postings made by members on the WIMF can be viewed by non members, and any and all parties that visit womeninmusic.org.
2. Member Benefit
4. Acceptable Content/Activity
5. Prohibited Content/Activity, and Consequences for Prohibited Content/Activity
Note: Members who have had their participation in the WIMF or WIM suspended or terminated by reason of breaching this agreement for any reason, including but not limited to engaging in prohibited content or activity in the WIMF, are not entitled to membership dues refund(s) of any kind whatsoever.
1. Spams the WIMF community;
6. Limitation on Liability and Disclaimers.
9. User Generated Profiles.
1. Publishing inaccurate information
If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to respond to you as soon as possible.
As of August 31st, 2016
III. Information We Collect
We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information for use in the Panelist Directory, on our Sites, apply or register for WIM events, or otherwise interact with WIM, including, but not limited to, applying for membership, or registering for a WIM event or program. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, Email address, credit card, or other financial account information.
IV. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, WIM may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
Publication of Your Personally Identifiable Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists. To allow other WIM members and the public to find you, the Personally Identifiable Information we receive may be published in the WIM Panelist Directory, on the Site and other print or digital media, in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for WIM programs and events. We will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers. WIM members may request their information be suppressed from such use by contacting us as: email@example.com
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to WIM Policy. WIM will not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside of WIM. WIM will also not share email addresses to unrelated third-parties or affiliates, except as stated below. Please understand, however, that your email address may be visible to other WIM members and others who have an interest in WIM and WIM events, as set forth above. WIM may also share your email address with third parties to enable WIM to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, WIM may share email addresses with third parties as necessary for WIM to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect WIM’s Interests. WIM may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on WIM; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of WIM; or (c) protect the personal safety of WIM personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if WIM and/or its assets or a portion thereof are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if WIM undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
V. Information Security
VI. Contact Us